Technical Engineer - Telford or Bournemouth
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 12 October 2018
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Purpose of job:
To be part of a highly skilled team in a very busy environment delivering:
• New customer builds/installs and large projects • Last line of escalation for complex escalated problems
• On-going maintenance and development of the Data Centres and the associated core
infrastructure and networks
• Provide support and training to 1st, 2nd and 3rd line/Problem engineers. • Take ownership and responsibility for diagnosing, solving and managing complex issues. • Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot the Nasstar server and Data Centre infrastructure. • Actively operating either as part of a team or on your own, working on new customers installations and large projects. • Work independently, be resourceful and demonstrate particular attention to detail. • Complete work to a high standard following company procedures with all work being fully documented. • Actively participate and contribute in relevant Team meetings.
Skills & Knowledge:
A practical understanding of Active Directory,networking and TCP/IP will is essential.
The role also requires a good understanding of, and practical experience working with:
• Windows 20012 R2/ 2016 Server administration/configuration • AD, Advanced Group Policy • Implementation and configuration of enhanced monitoring using SolarWinds • VMware – 5.5+ • Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 / 2016 • Citrix 7.x and Remote Desktop Services • System Centre 2012 R2 / 2016 • DNS/DDNS • Microsoft Azure Public/Private cloud concepts • Hybrid cloud concepts • Clustering and SAN/NAS storage • Exchange 2013 / 2016 • Powershell • Office 365 • Windows 10 VDI • MYSQL (preferably) • Apache and/or IIS • Citrix accredited (preferably) • Microsoft accredited (preferably) • VMware accredited (preferably)
• Commercial awareness • Fastidious attention to detail with a “right first time” mentality • An aptitude to learn, develop and adapt as circumstances or technologies change. • Ability to think on your feet and to problem solve independently and tenaciously through research and resourcefulness. • Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in complex and or deadline situations. • Willingness to maintain a professional attitude and approach to all work-related tasks. • Naturally motivated by and enthusiastic about technology • Understand the need to cover all possible bases and go the extra mile for the customer. • Ability to be organized, to plan and to manage own workload. • Ability to be an effective self-starter and work unsupervised when needed. • Willingness to travel, often at short notice, up and down the country . • A great team player, supportive to immediate colleagues and the wider business. • To be a positive ambassador for Nasstar.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal form with customers, colleagues and suppliers on all technical and non-technical levels.
Clear, constant communication and the ability to make and maintain strong, supportive cross-departmental relationships all focused on understanding and meeting our customer needs is key to our success.
Hours of work:
Normal working hours are 09.00 to 17.30. With the nature of this role, out of hours working should be anticipated. The job will involve both on site and off site working, weekends and out of hours as projects may demand, and in addition you may be required to be on-call one week in eight.
How to apply: To send your CV to email@example.com