On-Site Desktop Support Engineer - London
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 12 October 2018
We are looking for someone to join our expanding team as an on-site desktop support engineer working at our client site in London. You will become the customer lead for one of our major customers with their London office being your primary place of work.
You will be fully supported and work closely with our technical support teams in Bournemouth, London and Auckland. Thus good communication skills are paramount as you not only need to work well with remote colleagues but you will also need to work with end users who require considerable time and patience as technology is not their primary skill set. This extends to working with users from office managers to directors and CEO’s.
Essential technical skills
- An excellent understanding of PC/Laptop hardware including Mac’s
- Windows 7/8/10 OS, Mac OS & the MS Office suite for both
- Experience supporting and resolving printer issues
- Windows 2008/2012 Server, active directory, group policy
- Knowledge of networking to include TCP/IP
- Telephone systems (VOIP, IP, SIP)
- You are organised, self-disciplined with the ability to manage your own time effectively
- You will have excellent people skills and ideally experience in a supervisory role
- You have a calm and professional work ethic including time keeping, appearance, delivery on promises made
- You will have good attention to detail and ability to fully complete work
- You are intelligent and articulate
- You have an aptitude for diagnosing issues and problem solve
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You understand the benefits of first class customer service Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Exchange server 2007/2010, Citrix XenApp, Lync
- Network devices including LAN switches, firewalls, and routers
- Any experience managing technology migration projects
A bit more about the job… You will need to be flexible with working outside of normal office hours; this will include weekend work on occasion. Your primary location will be our customers Edinburgh office. There may be opportunity for travel to other Nasstar facilities and to customer locations as required throughout the UK.
I am very interested, how do I apply? Please send us an up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to HR@Nasstar.com.