Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 24 October 2017
Job Title: Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Client Development
Purpose of Job:
• To provide technical pre-sales assistance to the Client Development team, for example assisting in designing solutions for the Client Development Managers to quote to customers who have new requirements. • The role is intended to comprise of roughly 70% working on new business opportunities for Nasstar and 30% on product development. • To develop a strong understanding of key sector needs & trends and assist in developing the product roadmap for Nasstar to ensure our offerings remain market leading - combining both Microsoft and 3rd party products. • Assist in producing product marketing collateral to support the Nasstar Hybrid Cloud service • To provide regular sales training to Nasstar team on all product pillars • To provide technical training to Project Management Office & Technical team members to ensure delivery and support are suitably skilled in the provision of their services. • To support and encourage the opening/development of new opportunities with existing customers – for example, proposing the Nasstar Hybrid or Public Cloud service to those approaching end of contract. • To develop and promote a strong relationship with Microsoft to ensure the Nasstar Cloud offerings remain cutting edge. • To assist in the winning of new business opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to, developing formal sales proposals, presenting and differentiating between product offerings at a professional technical level. • To collaborate with the Project Management Office to articulate customer requirements and thereby ensuring a smooth transition from initial sale to product/service delivery.
Commission: Commission is based on meeting Client Development Team Targets and KPI’s on Product development activities. This bonus will be amended downwards on a pro-rata basis if the teams are below target.
Benefits: Private pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, eyecare vouchers scheme, cycle to work scheme, 25 days annual leave entitlement.
Location: • Flexible – Offices in Telford, Northampton, Bournemouth & London • Working off site will be required to accommodate business needs.
Summary of Terms and Conditions of Employment
Hours of Work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30 with one hour lunch break.
• Design and specification of customer IT solutions using a variety of server technologies. Responsibilities include;
o Gathering and interpreting customer requirements.
o Translating requirements into technical recommendations that meet customer needs.
o Liaising with Infrastructure engineers to develop professional customer proposals.
o Technical assessment of customer requests including the commercial estimation of engineer effort.
o Contributing to tender processes and producing professional proposals.
o Maintaining a close understanding of relevant markets to identify product and service opportunities.
• Conducting Pre-Sales technical audits of prospective sites • Working in coordination with the Nasstar technical teams to design and ratify solutions for prospective clients • Supporting Sales in the reply to tenders, using technical knowledge in the production of technical content, design diagrams and service detail specific to the requirement • Working with Marketing to ensure the web site content accurately reflects up-to-date developments in our service portfolio • Production of marketing collateral for all services • Contribution to and development of all product pillars with particular ownership and responsibility for the Public Cloud offering. • Collaboration with the Project Management Office to articulate customer requirements and ensure a smooth transition from initial sale to product/service delivery. • Provision of technical pre-sales assistance to the Client Relationship Managers. • Provision of regular, quality sales training to Nasstar team on all product pillars • Provision of quality technical training to Project Management Office & Technical team members to ensure delivery and support are suitably skilled in the provision of their services.
Skills and Knowledgebase:Technical Pre-Sales Consultants must have a good technical grasp of Microsoft server, public cloud and Citrix technologies with an understanding of typical applications. Experience of at least four of the following technologies is should be demonstrated;
• Microsoft server and desktop technologies:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server and desktop operating systems
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
o Remote Desktop Services
o Clustering (MSCS)
o Microsoft SQL Server
• Citrix XenApp • Awareness of WAN/LAN connectivity sufficient to provide advice to customers • Hypervisor technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V • Unix or Linux operating systems • Monitoring applications • MDM solutions • Enterprise hardware for servers and storage including SAN • Public Cloud technologies • Hybrid concepts • Cloud PBX and Unified Communications
Personal Attributes - Candidates should demonstrate competency for the following:
• Effective planning of mixed workloads with ability to monitor objectives and escalate as necessary • Independent problem solving and the ability to work around blockages • Self-sufficient workload management including prioritising and executing tasks • Achieving positive outcomes through communication • Collaborative team working and participation in meetings • Maintaining a professional attitude with consideration for company reputation at all times • Providing and maintaining a high standard of quality service and professionalism. • Meeting the highest standards and expectations of both conduct and performance in the role.
Other: Full driving license required
Application / Assessment Process: To apply please send a copy of your most recent CV to HR@Nasstar.com, along with a covering letter (no more than one page of A4) as to why you feel you are suitable for the role.