Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 19 March 2018
Job Title: Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Client Development
Purpose of Job:
• To provide technical pre-sales assistance to the Client Development team, for example assisting in designing solutions for the Client Development Managers to quote to customers who have new requirements. • To work alongside the Head of Commercial Strategy to develop an aligned product strategy function within the business • The role is intended to comprise of roughly 50% working on existing client upsell opportunities for Nasstar and 50% on product development. • To develop a strong understanding of key sector needs & trends and assist in developing the product roadmap for Nasstar to ensure our offerings remain market leading - combining both Microsoft and 3rd party products. • Assist in producing product marketing collateral to support the Nasstar Hybrid Cloud service • To provide regular sales training to Nasstar team on all product pillars • To provide technical assistance to Project Management Office & Technical team members to ensure delivery and support are suitably skilled in the provision of their services. • To support and encourage the opening/development of new opportunities with existing customers – for example, proposing the Nasstar Hybrid or Public Cloud service to those approaching end of contract. • To develop and promote a strong relationship with Microsoft and other major vendors to ensure the Nasstar Cloud offerings remain cutting edge. • To assist in the winning of new business opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to, developing formal sales proposals, presenting and differentiating between product offerings at a professional technical level. • To collaborate with the Project Management Office to articulate customer requirements and thereby ensuring a smooth transition from initial sale to product/service delivery.
Commission: Commission is based on meeting Client Development Team Targets and KPI’s on Product development activities. This bonus will be amended downwards on a pro-rata basis if the teams are below target.
Benefits: Private pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, eyecare vouchers scheme, cycle to work scheme, 25 days annual leave entitlement, Perkbox, PluralSight, Death in Service, Childcare Vouchers, car leasing scheme and more.
Location: • Flexible – Offices in Telford, Northampton, Bournemouth & London • Working off site will be required to accommodate business needs.
Summary of Terms and Conditions of Employment
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30 with a 1hour unpaid lunch break.
• Design and specification of customer IT solutions using a variety of server technologies. Responsibilities include;
o Gathering and interpreting customer requirements.
o Translating requirements into technical recommendations that meet customer needs.
o Liaising with Infrastructure engineers to develop professional customer proposals.
o Technical assessment of customer requests including the commercial estimation of engineer effort.
o Contributing to tender processes and producing professional proposals.
o Maintaining a close understanding of relevant markets to identify product and service opportunities.
• Conducting Pre-Sales technical audits of prospective sites • Working in coordination with the Nasstar technical teams to design and ratify solutions for prospective clients • Supporting Sales in the reply to tenders, using technical knowledge in the production of technical content, design diagrams and service detail specific to the requirement • Working with Marketing to ensure the web site content accurately reflects up-to-date developments in our service portfolio • Assistance with the production of marketing collateral for all services • Contribution to and development of all product pillars with particular ownership and responsibility for the Public Cloud offering. • Collaboration with the Project Management Office to articulate customer requirements and ensure a smooth transition from initial sale to product/service delivery. • Provision of technical pre-sales assistance to the Client Relationship Managers. • Provision of regular, quality sales training to Nasstar team on all product pillars • Provision of quality technical assistance to Project Management Office & Technical team members to ensure delivery and support are suitably skilled in the provision of their services.
Skills and Knowledgebase:Technical Pre-Sales Consultants must have a good technical grasp of Microsoft server, public cloud and Citrix technologies with an understanding of typical applications. Experience of at least four of the following technologies is should be demonstrated;
• Microsoft server and desktop technologies:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server and desktop operating systems
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
o Remote Desktop Services
o Clustering (MSCS)
o Microsoft SQL Server
• Citrix XenApp • Awareness of WAN/LAN connectivity sufficient to provide advice to customers • Hypervisor technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V • Unix or Linux operating systems • Monitoring applications • MDM solutions • Enterprise hardware for servers and storage including SAN • Public Cloud technologies • Hybrid concepts • Cloud PBX and Unified Communications
Personal Attributes - Candidates should demonstrate competency for the following.
• Effective planning of mixed workloads with ability to monitor objectives and escalate as necessary • Independent problem solving and the ability to work around blockages • Self-sufficient workload management including prioritising and executing tasks • Achieving positive outcomes through communication • Collaborative team working and participation in meetings • Maintaining a professional attitude with consideration for company reputation at all times • Providing and maintaining a high standard of quality service and professionalism. • Meeting the highest standards and expectations of both conduct and performance in the role.
Other: Full driving license required
Application / Assessment Process: To apply please send a copy of your most recent CV to HR@Nasstar.com, along with a covering letter (no more than one page of A4) as to why you feel you are suitable for the role.