Senior Account Manager
Job Title: Senior Account Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Purpose of Job: To be the primary commercial contact for named key customers
Salary Range/Remuneration: Competitive plus commission relating to the achievement of agreed targets
Location: Nasstar Bournemouth, or London
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30
Responsibilities: Our account managers have responsibility for a number of named customer accounts working in two key areas:
• Grow Revenue:
o Ensure customers understand the range or services Nasstar offers, and fill in the white space, thereby growing share of wallet
o Research customer business growth plans and proactively use Nasstar technology and services to help the customer achieve them.
o Introduce new ideas and concepts as they become available to help customers improve their use of technology to drive business results.
o Generate referral leads for new business sales team.
o Liaise with marketing team to create customer stories, testimonials and case studies that can be used to drive revenue with other customers and prospects.
o Plan and set up projects using agreed processes so that they get delivered quickly and effectively
• Keeping Customers Happy: o Develop an account management and revenue development plan for each customer
o Proactive and regular account management reviews and communication with customers via Email, Skype, Phone and Face to Face meetings.
o Work with Support and Project teams when customers escalate issues to ensure their concerns are met.
o Tap into appropriate resources to resolve customer complaints professionally and swiftly.
o Produce and manage quotes for new services and equipment securing purchase orders and signed Service Agreements as needed.
o Maintain and update Service Agreements.
o Ensure invoicing is correct and resolve customer invoicing queries.
o Help customers to use their existing technology better.
o Set and manage customer expectations keeping us a step ahead.
In addition, the following areas are key:
• Spot and resolve issues ahead of time rather than waiting for a crisis. • Mentor and work with other members of the account management team as needed • Keep detailed records of interactions. • Communicate proactively and positively with colleagues across the business, suppliers and partners to ensure all stakeholders are in the picture. Prioritise work to ensure customers receive prompt responses.
Skills and Knowledgebase: Skills
• Excellent personal organisation - able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise based on various factors
• Able to perform under pressure
• Good problem solver
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Business consultancy skills
• Able to learn and build technical understanding quickly
• Able to “bring people along with you”
• Ability to positively influence and persuade others
• Ability to spot and implement improvement opportunities
• Good level of IT and technical knowledge • Sales and key account management knowledge • Sandler sales methodology • Understanding of key vertical sectors including recruitment, legal, property, financial services • Engaged and interested in technology developments and the technology “industry” Background and experience might include
• B2B customer service in a technology related field • IT services and support • Fast paced environment • Leadership/management role in sales/customer service • Key account management
• Having had responsibility for managing specific customer accounts Educational
Good quality Maths and English to A level. A degree in a relevant or business studies area would also be beneficial.
Personal Attributes: • Highly professional and credible with a senior audience • Solution focused • Customer focused • Tactful and persuasive • Drive and energy • Positive and motivated • Completer finisher • Approachable • Strong customer-focused values that fit with those of Nasstar
Other: • Ability to build rapport on the phone with customers at all levels from MD to front line staff • Ability to build rapport, engagement and buy-in across the company • Comfortable with taking risks and trying new ideas • Previous experience of working in a Managed Services environment
How to apply: Please send across a copy of your CV plus a covering letter if desired to HR@Nasstar.com