Purchasing & Admin Clerk (Part-Time)
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 09 June 2017
Nasstar are on the lookout for a fantastic Purchasing & Admin Clerk to join their Finance Team on a part-time basis, here at Nasstar HQ in Telford!
Job title: Purchasing & Admin Clerk
Reporting to: Financial Director
Location: Datapoint House, Telford (TF1)
Hours of work: 22.5 hours per week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 09.00am – 17.30pm. One hour unpaid lunch break. The ideal candidate would also be able to work flexibly on a full-time basis (09.00am – 17.30pm Mon- Fri, 37.5 hrs pw) for 5-6 weeks of the year to assist with holiday cover. – but this may not be an essential requirement.
Purpose of job: The role has several areas of responsibility. These include, but are not limited to the following:
• To provide comprehensive administrative support to the whole Group. • To be responsible for the development of the Nasstar procurement function. • To be the main point of contact for all internal and external purchasing. • To assist with various activities in the Accounting Function.
• Administrative tasks as assigned such as printing, binding and filing. • Dealing with and processing in-coming goods. • Ordering and keeping stocks of stationary and office items. • Ordering train tickets and arranging hotels for staff and customers as necessary. • General administration duties such as answering the telephone, reception duties, filing dealing with in-coming and outgoing post as necessary.
• Meeting and greeting visitors.
• To become a central point for raising of purchase orders, sourcing of well-priced & good quality equipment and supplies. • To be the main point of contact for all internal and external purchasing. • To provide purchasing assistance for sales representatives. • Collating and negotiating quotes in line with budgets, searching for new suppliers that have competitive pricing. • To take ownership of this function and develop it accordingly.
• Cover support to Accounts Clerks to include, but not exclusively limited to: • Spreadsheet Data Input • Updating relevant recharges on support system • Awareness and application of segregation procedures. • Assisting with Credit Control. • Other general administration in support of accounts and responding to queries and requests.
-A capable administrator able to turn their hand to planning, document production, keeping records and developing a range of supplier contacts. -Competent knowledge and use of MS Office. -Experience of managing a busy reception phone. -Ability to work closely with team members. -Excellent data entry skills and filing management. -Ability to keep stocks of items such as stationary. -Ability to manage own work load and priorities as necessary. -Willingness to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
How do I apply?: To apply please send an up to date copy of your CV plus a covering letter to HR@Nasstar.com