On-Site Client Support Engineer
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 16 February 2017
Job Title: On-Site Client Support Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Operations - London
Purpose of Job: To support a state of the art infrastructure for the delivery of managed solutions to our client base.*
Location: Client site
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday. One hour lunch break. However, the company would expect you to work flexibly in support of clients and, from time to time, as necessary outside these hours to achieve your goals.
Salary: £35,000.00 pa (on call payments, paid overtime, time in lieu according to company procedures)
Company Business Mileage: At published rates. Anyone claiming business mileage must be insured to do business miles.
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days plus statutory bank holidays.
Private Healthcare: A selection of BUPA Healthcare schemes available at the benefit of corporate rates but at own expense by payroll deduction.
Probation Scheme: 6 months in a fully managed probation and training scheme.
• Actively managing a list of calls escalated from the 1st Line Team, including regularly updating calls, investigative work and keeping customers / users up to date. • Taking calls from customers / users and logging the call within company guidelines and procedures. • Performing maintenance and technical tasks as required including: computer and laptop builds and diagnosis of problems. • Performing testing and other investigative work as necessary. • Working as part of a larger team in order to meet targets and maintain service level agreements. • Completing on-site support duties as required with possible occasional travel involving overnight stays. • Working in accordance with company practice and procedure and as requested by 2nd Line Team Leader. • To liaise with and maintain effective working relationships with third party vendors to ensure the needs of the customer are met.
• An effective communicator a differing levels including senior client executives, client users, and company working colleagues. • An exceptional telephone manner and ability to deal with high levels of incoming calls from different customers and users with varying technical knowledge. • A careful listener able to absorb information and act on it in the most appropriate manner.
Management Skills / Occupational Skills:
• The On-site Client Support Engineer is not required to manage any staff.
However s/he must have:
• An enthusiastic but professional approach to work. • The conviction and self-discipline to maintain effective documentation control and system procedures.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills able to adapt to challenges and changing situations in a demanding environment. • Ability to operate remotely from a headquarters but maintain on-going contact and reporting. • A desire to provide a high level of service and client / user satisfaction. Technical Skill and Knowledge Base Essential:
• Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 server administration, basic configuration and troubleshooting. • Windows 7/8 desktop support experience. • Active Directory Administration and configuration including group policy. • The remote support of users in a Citrix environment. • Knowledge of network and router/firewall remote troubleshooting and configuration. Knowledge of networking to include TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP • Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration and configuration. • Good knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2013. • Mobile device remote support, in particular Microsoft Exchange ActivSync connectivity. • Relevant support experience in an ITIL based service desk environment. Desirable:
• Working knowledge of Barracuda firewall products, spam filtering technologies and Microsoft SharePoint. • An understanding of the legal sector and its members.
• Clean driving license
Application / Assessment Process
• Stage 1. – Submit current CV and a summary (max 2 side A4) of how you meet the needs of the role. Send to email@example.com for the attention of Rachel Doodson, HR Officer.
• Stage 2. – Short technical test followed by competency based 1st interview.
• Stage 3. – completion of PPA Business Personality Assessment and 2nd interview with Senior Group Manager and representative of client.