The Nasstarian
Brought to you by Nasstar.com
Share Price: Market Cap:

Legal IT Landscapes: What's Going On In The World of SME Legal IT?


In insight / By Lydia Cooper / 16 February 2018

Nasstar is delighted to have sponsored this year’s Legal IT Landscapes survey, a comprehensive review which assesses whether SME firms have an IT strategy that’s fit for purpose through a series of questions.

The survey was established in 2011 and every year it has progressively got more in-depth, attracting more respondents. This year the survey received over 80 responses from SME legal professionals across a wide range of positions including managing directors, practice managers, CEOs, COOs, FDs and IT managers.

And the results make for very interesting reading with only 45% of firms believing they have a truly mobile workforce. As a managed IT provider specialising in the legal sector, we predict that this will only increase and Cloud will be a real enabler of this trend facilitating a service that is cost-effective and functional.

Furthermore, the survey showed that 72% of firm’s IT budget is spent on business-as-usual activities and 21% is spent on new technology. We find that in the majority of firms we speak to 80% of their IT is the same as their closest competitor, think systems that are essential to maintaining business as usual. However, the other 20% is the key to a firm gaining competitive advantage. Focus should be on leveraging the 20% that differentiates a firm to ensure they are innovative and agile to adapt to the changing environment around them and arising opportunities.

Read Nasstar’s comment in Legal IT Landscapes here to find out how our clients are leveraging the benefits of a hybrid cloud model and embracing true mobile working, safe in the knowledge that their data is protected in Nasstar’s private cloud.

Read more about how Nasstar protects its client's services here.

Lydia Cooper

Lydia Cooper

Group Marketing Manager at Nasstar PLC.

Telford, Shropshire http://www.nasstar.com
Comments powered by Disqus