Head of Client Development
In jobs / By Darren Cooper / 11 June 2017
Nasstar are on the lookout for a fantastic Head of Client Development to head up their team of Account Managers!
Job title: Head of Client Development
Reporting to: Managing Director
Purpose of job: To drive revenue and profit growth from existing customers across Nasstar by developing and implementing systems and processes for identifying and filling “white space”: services that the company sells, that customers do not yet buy from Nasstar.
This will be achieved by shaping and mentoring a team of Account Managers and Business Relationship Managers who will think and act strategically to hit agreed revenue and profit goals as a result of helping their customers to drive their own business success on the back of Nasstar services.
Location: Post may be located at either our Telford or Bournemouth offices and will manage Business Relationship Team members at both locations. The role will involve regular travel commitments to work with team members in different locations and on customer sites throughout the UK where necessary.
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week. 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday. One hour lunch break. However, the company would expect you to work as necessary outside these hours to achieve your goals.
Commission scheme: Performance related commission scheme tailored to the role with accelerators and no ceiling.
Car allowance: Annual allowance payable calendar monthly
• Work with colleagues to implement a “white space” reporting system based on the company’s existing system choices (e.g. Dynamics 2016 and NAV) which you will use to set and report to the board monthly on goals for filling white space • Taking and developing the best of what is already in place across the company, work with appropriate colleagues to review, improve and communicate a core common system for o Reactivity: dealing effectively and quickly with incoming requests from customers for additional services, users etc – and ensuring that these get correctly and swiftly billed.
o Proactivity: ensuring that existing and potential Hero (£10kpm) and SuperHero (£30kpm) customers have SMART strategic development plans with clear revenue and profit growth goals and a means to achieve them.
• Work with the marketing team to o develop and implement communications to current customers that explain what the company can add to the services customers already buy
o develop and grow customer affiliation, event, feedback and referral campaigns
• Build internal communication programmes so that colleagues across the company understand the Account Management Team’s focus, goals, issues and successes
• Develop and structure the existing teams of Account Managers and Business Relationship Managers to ensure that customers across the company are appropriately managed by nominated individuals, matching customer needs and growth potential to the resource allocation. • Put in place and sustain systems for 1:1 mentoring/coaching, appraisal and personal development • Set and continually communicate clear team and individual goals and progress against them • Mentor, coach and train the team to build their customer management skills including: o Communication and interpersonal skills
o Relationship management skills
o Business analysis skills
o Technical, product and service knowledge
• Work with the team and colleagues across the business to build strong cross functional relationships in order to o secure resources to deliver the commercial opportunities uncovered
o resolve any customer issues/dissatisfaction uncovered by the team quickly and effectively
Person specification: The role requires a unique blend of commercial drive, strategic analysis, systems thinking and the ability to achieve success through others. Please request a copy of the job description from HR@Nasstar.com for a more detailed matrix.
Other: Full, clean UK driving license.
How do I apply?: Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV plus a covering letter to HR@Nasstar.com